When these housings are used with the Sartorius (B. Braun Biotech) safety port, the port will release internal steam pressure in the vessel before the housing is completely disengaged from the port. The metric FermProbe pH electrodes thread directly into the 346 style housing, eliminating the need for a threaded retainer nut. In order to prevent twisting the cable, the metric FermProbes have a detachable cable. This feature is very helpful when calibrating the pH electrode tank side in a production environment.
A guarded version is also available (see model 356). Using a guarded housing is highly recommended for pH electrodes to provide maximum protection against damage to the sensing bulb. However, highly viscous media is prone to clog the guard.
- 316L stainless steel construction.
- Serialized for traceability to mill steel specifications.
- RA32 finish with electropolish on all wetted parts.
- FDA compliant external EPDM o-rings.
- Permanently secured port retainer ring for additional operator safety.
- Guarded versions for rugged handling while protecting the pH glass bulb in a production environment.
- A guarded version for viscous media is also available (model 356).
- Custom designs and custom modifications promptly quoted.