When these housings are used with the new B. Braun Biotech safety port, the port will release internal steam pressure in the vessel before the housing is completely disengaged from the port.
The standard FermProbe pH electrode is secured to the Models 326 and 336 style housings by a free-spinning threaded retainer nut. This allows the electrode to be installed and removed from the housing without twisting or disconnecting the electrode cable. This feature is very helpful when calibrating the pH electrode tank side in a production environment.
The metric FermProbe pH electrodes thread directly into the Models 346 and 356 style housings, eliminating the need for the threaded retainer nut. In order to prevent twisting the cable, the metric FermProbes have a detachable cable.
Guarded and unguarded versions are available. Using a guarded housing is highly recommended for pH electrodes to provide maximum protection against damage to the sensing bulb. However, highly viscous media is prone to clog the guard.
The model 326 and 336 housings are also designed to be used with Model F-607 and F-600 style FermProbe pH electrodes .
Storage of pH Electrodes
The first choice for storing FermProbe® electrodes is 2M KCl. If this is not available, buffer solution can be used, preferably pH 4 buffer. Deionized (DI) water should never be used to store pH electrodes. If an electrode has been stored in DI water the resistance of the junction will change, causing instability and noise in the reading. Soaking the electrode in 2M KCl overnight, prior to use, will usually reverse most of this effect.
- 316L stainless steel construction.
- Serialized for traceability to mill steel specifications.
- RA32 finish with electropolish on all wetted parts.
- FDA compliant external EPDM o-rings.
- Permanently secured port retainer ring for additional operator safety.
- Guarded versions for rugged handling while protecting the pH glass bulb in a production environment.
- Unguarded versions for viscous media.
- Custom designs and custom modifications promptly quoted.